Obedience Dog of the Year
Please Note: This award WILL NOT be awarded in 2020
OBEDIENCE DOG OF THE YEAR
THE “DUKE” AWARD
PRESENTED BY MRS G TREISTER
ORIGINAL QUALIFYING CARDS MUST ACCOMPANY THE FORM AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY OTHER PERPETUAL AWARD
- Competition is open to entrants of trials conducted by any ANKC State Body (eg. DogsNSW) or any ANKC State Body Affiliated Club (eg. DogsNSW affiliated clubs).
- All entrants must be full time residents in New South Wales.
- Main, Limited, Associate and Sporting Register dogs and bitches may compete for this award.
- Up to 10 qualification cards may be presented.
These must be from Trials which are unrestricted, that is, they must be All Breeds Trials and not Breed or Group Trials. Cards may be from unrestricted Trials conducted by ANKC affiliates anywhere in Australia.
For the purpose of this competition trials must be between Saturday 29 September 2018 and Friday 4 October 2019 inclusive.
- Handlers may use the one judge twice (2 times) and no more.
- Original Qualification Cards must be submitted and these qualifying cards cannot be used for any other perpetual trophy. Placing must be written on back of card and signed by the officiating judge.
- It is the responsibility of the competitor to have the placing recorded on the back of the qualifying card and signed again by the judge.
- Classes may include Novice, Open, Utility and Utility Dog Excellent.
- The competitor who has submitted up to 10 cards must score as follows:
- 40 points for a first
- 35 points for a second
- 30 points for a third
Placings under third are not acceptable.
- In the event of more than one competitor submitting the same scores totalling the same figure, the winner will be decided by adding the total scores of the 10 cards.
- Original Qualifying cards, with placing on back signed by officiating judge and a completed prescribed form with the scores added must be handed to the Scorer Ms J Kaldor [or nominee] no later than 1.00 pm on Saturday 5 October 2019.
- The prize will be presented at the NSW Obedience State Titles on Monday 7 October 2019.
- Cards are to be collected at the conclusion of the presentation.