Obedience Dog of the Year
THE DUKE AWARD
PRESENTED BY MRS G DALEY
ORIGINAL SCORE CARDS MUST ACCOMPANY THE FORM AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY OTHER PERPETUAL AWARD
- Competition is open to entrants of trials conducted by an ANKC Canine Council (e.g. DogsNSW).
All entrants must be full time residents in New South Wales.
Both Main and Associate Register dogs and bitches may compete for this Award.
- Up to 10 qualification cards may be presented.
These must be from Trials which are unrestricted, that is, they must be All Breeds Trials and not Breed or Group Trials. Cards may be from unrestricted Trials conducted by ANKC affiliates anywhere in Australia.
For the purpose of this competition trials must be between Saturday 30th September 2017 and Friday 28th September 2018 inclusive.
- Handlers may use the one judge twice (2 times) and no more.
Original Qualification Cards must be submitted and these qualifying cards cannot be used for any other perpetual trophy.
- Classes may include Novice, Open, Utility and Utility Dog Excellent.
- The placing must clearly have been sighted and signed on the qualification card by the officiating judge. For example, the placing may be included in the printing of the qualification card and present when the card is signed by the judge. Alternatively, the position may be recorded on the back of the card and signed there by the judge. It is the responsibility of the competitor to ensure that the placing has clearly been sighted and signed by the judge.
- The competitor who has submitted up to 10 cards must score as follows :
• 40 points for a first
• 35 points for a second
• 30 points for a third.
Placings under third are not acceptable.
In the event of more than one competitor submitting the same scores totalling the same figure, the winner will be decided by adding the total scores of the 10 cards.
- Original Qualifying cards, with placing signed by officiating judge and a completed prescribed form with the scores added must be handed to the Scorer Ms J Kaldor (or nominee) [or nominee] by 1pm on Saturday 29th September 2018 .
Cards are to be collected at the conclusion of the presentation.
- The prize will be presented at the NSW Obedience State Titles on Monday 1st October 2018